Announcements regarding foaf-search.net
- 2013-11-06: Relaunch
We do not use a triple store any more - all important data is kept in a RDB. Documents related to a person are crawled on demand and cached up to 24h. The system can now display data on any dereferenceable URI.
- 2011-01-19: Persons with the same weblog will be merged now
We accept foaf:weblog as inverse functional property now which finally enables us to display the friends of livejournal users.
- 2011-01-04: foaf-search.net is more like a semantic web browser now
A link "more data" now lists all available other data including data about things without a foaf:name.
- 2010-08-23: Support for RDFa added
Our crawler can index RDF in XHTML (RDFa) now.
- 2010-08-12: foaf-search.net now has a free API
We now offer a free RESTful API to search though our social graph. Check out the Link "API" in the navigation.
- 2010-08-06: Support for OpenID added
Persons can now be found with their OpenID and will be merged if they have the same OpenID.
- 2010-06-28: Search for persons with same interest
The list of interests now has links to a list of persons with the same interest.
- 2010-06-22: Improved search for names
The search for names is now much faster, yields more results and does not require full names any more. You can use a part of the name as long as it is a whole word.